Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mmmm Pie

The last couple days have been a bit busy.  We built sleeping benches for the does in the hoop house, did a bunch of repairs (broken dolly, replaced missing ladder step to hay loft, etc, etc.).  All in all a lot was accomplished and it feels great to have it all done.

Rob (my boyfriend) works for the Central VT Council on Aging.  The Council hosts a senior meal on Christmas day and they were a little pressed for donations of food for the meal this year.  So last night I made 2 kinds of cranberry sauce - regular whole berry cranberry sauce and orange cranberry.  I was planning to make two pies tonight to donate as well but Rob suggested we do 4 instead - so of course we did!
Clockwise from the top left we made pecan, blueberry (my first blueberry ever!), apple and pumpkin.  Tomorrow night I'll make the pies for our own family Christmas celebration:  French Silk (Rob's favorite) and a new pie for us this year:  Blueberry Goat Cheese Pie with Basil.  I'll post picture of those tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment